Welcome to Annapolis Neighborhood Music! My name is Erin Maloney, and I’ve been teaching music for over 15 years. Contact me for any additional information, to register for lessons or for assistance purchasing an instrument!
- Lessons available from beginner to advanced. All ages welcome!
- Instrumental lessons for Guitar, Ukulele, Mandolin & Bass Guitar
- Location: The majority of my lessons are “house-call” lessons, where I travel to your home- no additional fee is required if you’re within 15 minutes of downtown Annapolis. I also conduct lessons in my studio downtown Annapolis.
- All styles & musical interests welcome- workshops and lessons available for students interested in music theory, songwriting and world music.
- Rates: Lessons are $50, 45 minutes in length, conducted weekly. Lesson packages, group rates & discounts available.
- Performance, ensemble, & recording opportunities available for interested students.
- Group lessons are conducted on a weekly basis, 10% discount for paying a month in advance.
- Open to all ages and skill levels. Groups must consist of students that are all at the same level on their instruments.
- Rates, Price Per Person, Per Lesson
- 2 People: $30, 1 Hour
- 3-4 People: $20, 1.5 Hour
- 5-6 People: $15, 1.5 Hour
Lessons are tailored to each student’s musical goals, tastes and abilities. My goal is to make each person that takes lessons fall in love with their instrument playing songs that they want to play, rather than checking off exercises in a book. We learn technique, theory, and performance practice through the music that you are interested in!
REGISTERING AND POLICY:
Contact me for availability and an initial meeting lesson (free of charge) to determine compatibility, ability level, and musical goals. Lessons are scheduled at a recurring weekly time slot Monday-Thursday. Make-up lessons or extra help lessons are scheduled each week on Fridays. I require a 24 hour cancellation notice for missed lessons, and same-day cancellations will result in being charged the full amount for the lesson.
DON’T HAVE AN INSTRUMENT?
If you don’t have an instrument but you’re considering lessons, contact me for advice on purchasing your first instrument. This advice is free of charge, and I am happy to provide guidance. There are many guitars, ukuleles and mandolins out there for sale that seem to be made as decorations more than functional instruments! Many people have been put off by shoddy instruments that are difficult to tune or to play, and fighting an unplayable instrument shouldn’t be one of the concerns of a beginner. Knowing what to look for in an instrument is not very obvious for someone that doesn’t play, and I can help find something to fit your style and your budget!
Skype lessons available upon request.